Saturday, July 25, 2009

Obama's Not Sorry

For the mess he caused by calling a Cambridge, Mass. police officer who was doing his job stupid:

"This has been ratcheting up, and I obviously helped to contribute ratcheting it up," Obama said of the racial controversy. "I want to make clear that in my choice of words, I think I unfortunately gave an impression that I was maligning the Cambridge Police Department and Sgt. Crowley specifically. And I could've calibrated those words differently."

The president did not back down from his contention that police had overreacted by arresting the Harvard professor for disorderly conduct after coming to his home to investigate a possible break-in. He added, though, that he thought Gates, too, had overreacted to the police who questioned him. The charge has been dropped


And then there was the non-apology, apology:

"I want to make clear that in my choice of words, I think I unfortunately gave an impression that I was maligning the Cambridge Police Department and Sgt. Crowley specifically. And I could've calibrated those words differently."

Just how do you "calibrate" words? The Messiah said Sgt. Crowley "behaved stupidly". What is this if not "maligning the Cambridge Police Department" and Sgt. Crowley specifically? But as we've all come to know from following liberal politicians and as is a daily occurrence in the Administration, we're supposed to ignore the actual meanings of words and let the liberals tell us, above and beyond all facts and reason, what their words mean. In other words Obama's words have no meaning until Obama tells us what meaning they have.

If you read the police report, you can tell that Skip Gates had a chip on his shoulder from the moment the officer made contact with him. Witness accounts and apparently, audio of the incident, back up Sgt. Crowley's version of the events. The only person who made a race issue out of this incident was Gates himself and the President of the United States fanned the flames into a bonfire with his ignorant commments. If I were Sgt. Crowley, there'd be no beer at the White House until a got an actual apology from The Messiah - and from his big buddy Skip Gates as well.


No comments: