Thursday, July 02, 2009

They're Coming For the Water--Call Your Senator NOW!!!

It came out of Committee on June 18, and it's coming soon to a Senate floor near you. One day when no one is paying attention, Senate Bill 787 will try to slip under the radar and take over all the water in the United States of America.

Sound crazy? Am I seeing black helicopters? Am I a right-wing loon?

I don't know. See what you think.

The purpose of the bill is to "clarify" federal jurisdiction over the waters of the United States. And, so, in Section 4, we have this:

The term ‘waters of the United States’ means all waters subject to the ebb and flow of the tide, the territorial seas, and all interstate and intrastate waters and their tributaries, including lakes, rivers, streams (including intermittent streams), mudflats, sandflats, wetlands, sloughs, prairie potholes, wet meadows, playa lakes, natural ponds, and all impoundments of the foregoing, to the fullest extent that these waters, or activities affecting these waters, are subject to the legislative power of Congress under the Constitution.’.


And, in case we are not clear enough on this, there is the conforming amendment of Section 5:

The Federal Water Pollution Control Act (33 U.S.C. 1251 et seq.) is amended--

(1) by striking ‘navigable waters of the United States’ each place it appears and inserting ‘waters of the United States’;

(2) in section 304(l)(1) by striking ‘NAVIGABLE WATERS’ in the heading and inserting ‘WATERS OF THE UNITED STATES’; and

(3) by striking ‘navigable waters’ each place it appears and inserting ‘waters of the United States’.


Now, I don't pretend to be an expert on water (well, sometimes; but only to amuse the kids), but it sure looks to me like a whole bunch of "new" water is about to come under federal control. Could it be that some of this wind/solar/water power that the feds want to centralize in our energy grid might be easier to control if the federal government didn't have to lease it from anyone?

This is just another step toward total socialization of all American resources. Will we one day find a scrap of paper in the rubble? A desperate and rather clumsy poem expressing the spirit of OUR age?

"The Administration took the car companies, but I was not a shareholder, so I didn't object. Then it took the guns. But I didn't have a gun, so I didn't object. Then it federalized the farms. But I was not a farmer, so I did not object. Then it took all the water. But I didn't notice, so I didn't object.

Then one day I noticed that everything I wanted cost a fortune and for some reason I needed the government's permission to obtain it.

And the talk radio and internet conservatives were no longer there to object because while I was sleeping the loyal opposition was deemed disloyal and suddenly disappeared."


Want to know why the President is on the side of the Iranian tyrant and the Honduran Constitution-breaker? Because there's no percentage in trashing the people you someday want to become.

So here's my question and then I'll shut up and let you talk if you want to (and if you still can): When our opposition party is shot in the streets, will the world be there to help? Will the Constitution be able to save us?

Or will the rest of the world only stand by and "bear witness" to the self-destruction of the United States of America?

No comments: